Composition: Each tablet contains
Calcium Carbonate BP 500mg
Vitamin D3 Tablets BP 250 IU
CARVIT tablet is highly recommended in cases of calcium deficiency
Calcium shows a fundamental effect on “bone rebuilding” processes. Calcium plays a very important role in the body. It is necessary for normal functioning of nerves, cells, muscles and bones.
Vitamin D helps in absorption of calcium and therefore better absorption of calcium ensures better availability of calcium to build and keep bones strong.
- Indicated in treating deficiency of calcium and vitamin D
- Elevated serum levels of parathormone
- Patients at high risk of needing therapeutic supplements.
- Hepatic impairment
- Renal impairment
- Hypercalcaemia (>10.5mg/dl)
- Hypercalciuria (>300mg/24 hours)
- Fructose intolerance; glucose-galactose malabsorption
Directions for use:
One tablet twice a day or as directed by a physician.
- Allergic reactions on skin
- Carvit tablets must be used with caution in patients with renal insufficiency and also in the formation of urinary calculi. These must be monitored to prevent the onset of hypercalcemia in patients.
- Caution should be required in patient’s having cardiovascular disease.
- Caution should be taken to patients with sarcoidosis because of possible increased metabolism of Vitamin D in its active form.