Composition: Ciprofloxacin BP 500mg
DYCIP is a new fluoroquinolone antimicrobial agent with potent activity against a broad spectrum of gram-positive & gram-negative bacteria. Imparts significant post-antibiotic effect and thus prevents regrowth of bacteria and different types of bacterial infections. Not applicable for viral infections.
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
- Gastrointestinal Tract Infections
- Bone and Joint Infections
- Ciprofloxacin is contraindicated in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin or any other quinolones.
- Not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Dosage and Directions for use:
The dosage range is 500 mg twice daily.
Dycip should be swallowed whole with plenty of liquid and may be taken with or without meals.
For acute infections, the usual treatment period is 5 to 10 days.
- Abdominal pain
- Use with caution in patients of renal impairment, cerebral arteriosclerosis or epilepsy.
- Keep patient well hydrated to prevent crystalluria.
- Pregnancy: Contraindicated
- Paediatrics: Safety not established
- Lactation: Drug passes into breast milk may affect the infant adversely.