Composition: Drotaverine Hydrochloride IP 40mg
Description: Dotra-40 is an Antispasmodic agent. An effective medicine to treat spasm and helps in decreasing the tone of smooth muscles of visceral organs and thus reducing intestinal motility. Uniformly distributed in tissues and imparts penetration of smooth muscles.
The effect shown by this medication is stronger and more durable.
- Smooth muscle relaxation especially in cardio organ and gastrointestinal tract
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Postcholecystectomy syndrome, cholelithiasis (biliary colic), chronic cholecystitis
- Headache associated with cerebral vasospasm.
- Biliary dyskinesia, spasmodic intestinal dyskinesia
- Painful menstrual period
- Renal colic
- Arterial hypotension
- Cardiogenic shock
- Pediatric age up to 1 year
- Atrioventricular blockage
- Severe kidney and liver disease
Dosage and Directions for use:
This medication is intended for oral use. Usual recommended dosages are:
Adults are prescribed 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day or as advised by a physician.
Children have prescribed 1-5 years 20mg a day and 6-12 years 40 mg a day.
- Without consult of a doctor, the preparation should not be used longer than indicated, dosage must not exceed recommended.
- Pregnancy and coronary atherosclerosis.