Each hard gelatin capsule contains:
Esomeprazole 40 mg
Esomeprazole is acid labile and its absorption is rapidly occurring approximately 1-2 hours after a dose. The main action acting on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Healing of Helicobacter pylori-associated duodenal ulcer
- Healing of gastric ulcers associated with NSAID therapy.
- Zollinger Ellison Syndrome
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance
- Esomeprazole should not be used concomitantly with nelfinavir.
Dosage and Directions for use:
40 mg Esomeprazole once daily for adults and adolescents from the age of 12 years.
Side-effects and Special Precautions:
- Leucopenia, thrombocytopenia
- Hypersensitivity reactions e.g. fever, angioedema and anaphylactic shock
- Agitation, confusion, depression, insomnia
- Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea, vomiting