Escitalopram USP 10 mg
An antidepressant belongs to the SSRT group (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors). It helps in restoring the balance of serotonin in the brain and improves the energy level and decreased nervousness. Used to treat depression and anxiety.
- Major depressive episodes
- Panic disorders with or without agoraphobia
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
- Generalizes anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Concomitant treatment with non-selective, irreversible monoamine oxidase inhibitors is contraindicated due to the risk of serotonin syndrome
- Congenital long QT syndrome
Dosage and Directions for use:
A single daily dose of 10 mg must be suggested with or without food.
Above 20 mg may not be suggested daily for safety purpose.
- Dry mouth
- This may cause allergic reactions if you are allergic to citalopram or any other allergies.
- Check medical history before taking this medication.
- Affects heart rhythm (QT prolongation).
- Alcohol or marijuana are not suggested to intake during the use of this medicine.