Ferrous sulphate BP 150 mg
Folic Acid BP 0.5 mg
Ferrous sulphate is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia. In body, iron becomes a part of your hemoglobin and myoglobin. Hemoglobin carries oxygen through your blood to tissues and organs. Myoglobin helps your muscle cells to store oxygen.
Folic acid is a member of the vitamin B group. It is used in the treatment and prevention of folate deficiency states. It helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, and also helps prevent changes to DNA.
- Haematinic preparation for prophylaxis of iron
- Folic acid deficiency during pregnancy
- Hypersensitive to the product or those with iron overload.
Dosage and Directions for use:
Adults: One capsule a day during pregnancy. Some pregnant patients may need a higher dose of iron because of dietary or other factors.
Children and elderly: not recommended
- Dark stools are usual during iron therapy
- Gastrointestinal irritation like as anorexia, vomiting, discomfort, constipation and diarrhoea
- Care should be taken in patients who may have a higher concentration of iron in their blood such as haemochromatosis, haemolytic anaemia
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Keep away from children as this may be fatal.