Pantoprazole 40 mg
Pantoprazole sodium sesquihydrate is an off-white crystalline powder which has slight basic and acidic chemical properties. It is easily soluble in water. Pantoprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
It is primarily used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Difficulty in swallowing, and persistent cough
- Hypersensitive to the product or to similar drugs (such as lansoprazole, omeprazole)
- Hepatic dysfunction
Dosage and Directions for use:
The recommended dosage is twice daily one Z-40 tablet.
- Irregular heart beat
- Muscle spasms
- Heartburn with lightheadedness/sweating/dizziness, chest pain or shoulder pain (especially with trouble breathing, sweating, lightheadedness, pain spreading to arms/jaw/neck/shoulders), unexplained weight loss.
- Proton pump inhibitors such as pantoprazole may increase your risk for bone fractures, especially with longer use, higher doses, and in older adults.
- Prevent bone loss/fracture, such as by taking calcium (such as calcium citrate) and vitamin D supplements.
- Pregnancy and lactation