Tramadol Hydrochloride BP 100mg
Tramadol is a centrally acting opioid analgesic. Although, it is an opioid agonist contributes to its analgesic effect are inhibition of neuronal reuptake of noradrenaline and enhancement of serotonin release.
Treatment of moderate to severe pain.
- In hypersensitivity to the active substance
- In acute intoxication with alcohol, hypnotics, analgesics, opioids, or psychotropic medicinal products.
Dosage and Directions for use:
The dose should be adjusted to the intensity of the pain and the sensitivity of the individual patient. The lowest effective dose for analgesia should generally be selected. The total daily dose of 400 mg active substance should not be exceeded, except in special circumstances.
Adults: Above the age of 12 years, the usual initial dose is 50-100 mg twice daily. If pain relief is insufficient, the dose may be titrated upwards to 150 mg or 200 mg twice daily.
Children: TEEDOL-100 is not suitable for children below the age of 12 years.
- Tramadol may only b used with particular caution in opioid-dependent patients, patients with head injury shock, a reduced level of consciousness of uncertain origin, disorders of the respiratory centre or functions, increased intracranial pressure.
- In patients sensitive to opiates tramadol should only be used with caution.
- Care should be taken when treating patients with respiratory depression, or if concomitant CNS depressant drugs are being administered.
- Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicinal product because this product contains lactose.